Okay, here's the story. This is November, the month that I am supposed to be devoting to writing 50,000 words of a novel. The eighth day is now drawing to a close, and how much have I written? 1773 words.
Here is my list of excuses:
1. I am working on completing the same novel that I started last year, and so I began by editing, which removed more words than it added.
2. My work, which is always really demanding, has been absolutely crazy this past week -- immovable deadlines, the annual plan and budget projections to complete, a grumpy boss, etc., etc.
3. I'm learning to play the guitar and I have to practice.
4. I'm in a fairly new relationship, and I love spending time with my significant other (not to mention my kids, friends, and pets).
5. I spend way too much time reading and contributing to the writing forums.
That's it -- now back to the novel...