Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh Those Forums!

Okay, here's the story. This is November, the month that I am supposed to be devoting to writing 50,000 words of a novel. The eighth day is now drawing to a close, and how much have I written? 1773 words.

Here is my list of excuses:

1. I am working on completing the same novel that I started last year, and so I began by editing, which removed more words than it added.

2. My work, which is always really demanding, has been absolutely crazy this past week -- immovable deadlines, the annual plan and budget projections to complete, a grumpy boss, etc., etc.

3. I'm learning to play the guitar and I have to practice.

4. I'm in a fairly new relationship, and I love spending time with my significant other (not to mention my kids, friends, and pets).

5. I spend way too much time reading and contributing to the writing forums.

That's it -- now back to the novel...

2 comments:

  1. give us a hint... what's the novel about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Thielmann:

    Thanks for stopping by. It is called "Memories of a White Girl," and I've classified it as mainstream fiction (although it has pretensions of being literary fiction). Rather than trying to explain it, I'll post a link to an excerpt.

    gideon sockpuppet

    ReplyDelete